Monday, August 18, 2014

Where there's a will, there's a way (Katie-Angers)

Hey family,

Dad, so remember two transfers ago when you thought it would be fitting for me to bring in a brand-new missionary as I send out an old one? Remember that? So it's happening. Good job. :) That's right, apparently the Lord thinks I'll survive if He sends me a baby bleu. I guess we'll see!

But as far as the last week of Soeur Wynn's mission goes...it was an incredible week. It was so funny as we were looking at our numbers, it didn't seem like we had had that great of a week. We hadn't taught tons of lessons. But then, as both of us reflected back on our week, the miracles and the tender mercies and the fits of laughter and the absolute joy that filled our week came to our minds. What a wonderful week.

What made this week so incredible? You know, I think it was the fact that both Soeur Wynn and I felt like we won. The week before was filled with opposition. SO MUCH opposition. I don't think I've ever seen Satan's hand so clearly, especially in missionary work. It was rough. We were sick. Lots of amis decided they were done. Members were on vacances (vacation). It rained way too much. And then, the beginning of this week came and we decided to win. And we did.

So what changed? It still rained. Members were still gone. We were still sick. What changed was our will. We love being missionaries, so what was going to stop us from having the best week of our lives? Absolutely nothing. So we did a lot of service. We contacted bunches of children of God. And we loved every second of it. 

Something else has been on my mind this week, something President Babin said in the first training he gave us. Translated, he said, "Today is the first day of the rest of your mission." When I get home from Paris on Wednesday, I will be a bleu again. Thankfully, I do have some advantages this time. But I'm ready to make these last 6 months count. I am a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

I love this ward. I love the members. I love Angers. I love my companion. I love teaching. I love our amis. I love it when it's actually sunny outside. I love the other missionaries who I'm working with. I love seeing God's hand in every day of my life. I love love love being a missionary.
So now that I have told you so much without telling you anything at all about our actual week, I'll add in some pictures. That should do it. Thank you for all of your examples and for your love.

à la prochaine (until next time),

Soeur Katie Pettingill

church with the poz (President Poznanski and his family)
Our "best week of our lives" courses
yes, a veiled Muslim came to church on Sunday
district photo--Katie "killing" her companion
best friends forever #californiaforever

No comments: