Monday, July 14, 2014

God is good (Katie-Angers)

God is so good. Let me tell you a little bit about the relationship I have with Heavenly Father really quick.

A conversation we may or may not have had at the beginning of my mission:
Me: "Heavenly Father, I'd really love to go to a beautiful French ville if that's okay."
HF: "How about Mulhouse?"

Little did I know that He would be answering that very prayer 7 transfers later because that is where I am. Angers is BEAUTIFUL. The ward yesterday...beautiful. So many youth and children and families...as much as I absolutely love Toul, I didn't realize how much I had missed just being around people. Lots of people.

Here are some fun things about Angers:
-The bishop is from Scotland, and I literally can't tell the difference between when he is speaking english or french
-There is a castle
-It's cold and rainy and it's july (although I think that's just France)
-There are trams and buses normal kid style
-There aren't very many muslims
-I'm extremely hungry all of the time again...maybe it's all of the walking?
-We live right smack in the middle of centreville which means late-night partiers on the weekends...but we have a fan and we keep the windows shut. So no big deal :)

Now let me tell you about my companion. I love her. Her name is Soeur Wynn, she speaks French like a french person, and she is absolutely wonderful. I have learned SO much from her in these past 4 days than I ever thought would be possible. She is so close to the Spirit, and SUCH an incredible missionary. And she will be finished with her mission in 6 weeks...which makes me sad. I want to keep her. Weird? Probably. I am so grateful for the gospel, for missions, and for everything. Hahaha literally in my prayers, "Heavenly Father, thank you for EVERYTHING." I have such a strong testimony of prayer and of the Atonement.

This Sunday was one of the most spiritually uplifting meetings I've ever attended on my mission...we taught the 16/17 year olds about how we can remember Jesus Christ like we promised in our baptismal covenant. This lesson touched me. I realized that I don't remember the Savior as much as I could, and I'm a missionary. So we talked about the talk "O, Remember, Remember" by Président Eyring and how all we need to do is recognize God's hand in our lives. That is remembering. And so that is what I have been working on. And it has changed my life.

God is so good.

I don't have a lot of time, but I want each of you to know that I LOVE being a missionary. It is so hard. But it is so worth it. And I love it. And I love you :)

Have a wonderful week!
Soeur Katie Pettingill
Last picture with my dear soeur Johns
CHANGE OF COLLEGUE (companion)
Angers :)

No comments: