Monday, September 1, 2014

The days pass too quickly (Katie-Angers)

What a week. What an incredible, tender mercy-filled, absolutely exhausting, undeniably terrifying, crazy week. And I loved every second of it (okay, maybe an exaggeration). 

But really though. I learned so much and I felt God's Hand SO MUCH every single day, I can't deny any of it ever. It's too true. It's too wonderful. The Atonement is too real. We started out the week with a district conference that filled my spiritual tank. We watched a short film about the story of the Good Samaritan, and then applied it to missionary. How many people do we pass by, unwilling to help, every single day? How many people do we deny the healing power of the Atonement? OUCH. And at the same time, the Spirit testified so strongly to me that it's TRUE. Each and every one of God's children deserves this gospel. Each one. Then we continued after that with exchanges. I got to bring Soeur Richards here to Angers, and we ended up finding this incredible person named Emma, who is a chinese student here studying. Oh! And she only speaks English. We actually then got to play volleyball with her on Saturday for Samedi Sports. Soeur Richards is an incredible example to me of a good, good person. A real person. Someone sincere and kind and loving, but at the same time someone who knows how to work. I hope to be like her some day :)

Let me tell you more about Jessie, the woman we found last week. We had a soirée familiale (family home evening) with her and some ward members and a couple of other amis on Thursday. We had a beautiful pensée spirituelle (spiritual thought) about prayer by the elders and played some fun games and really just had a good time together. And Jessie loved it! Her adorable little boy got to play with the other little boy who was there (wreaking havoc together of course) and she got to feel the spirit AND meet ward members. She couldn't come to church yesterday because she was working, but I'm excited for the next time we get to see her. She has such a desire to learn, I love it! I love her already.

I have really seen God's hand in this work. We worked so hard this week, didn't teach a lot, but saw MIRACLES that strengthened my testimony and my relationship with Christ. I love being a missionary. I'm excited to see what this next week has to bring (including a zone conference!), because I just so happen to know that Heavenly Father enjoys blessing us, and He especially loves blessing a bleue. He just has to build her up for what's about to come with the rest of her mission. ;) 

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and your love! Have a fantastic week :)

Soeur Katie Pettingill
Soeur Richards and me :)
gorgeous Angers sunset
#vivelafrance
us and our amie, Line!
why yes, I did fulfill my dream of taking a pic with another soeur.
Sr. Farmer's first zone conference in the chapel at Angers


No comments: