Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 1 Transfer 2 (Jacob-Brive)

This week was so awesome!

We started the week off with an exchange in Périgueux! I was with Elder McBeth and it was super cool! We had so much fun and I got to learn from someone younger than me! (who would have guessed but age doesn't matter!) One thing that I learned is that it is important to always share the gospel. We had some awesome miracles and it was super great!

Périgueux



Other that that we had an awesome experience yesterday at Church yesterday! We were able to be spiritually fed during Church but then also after when we had our ward meal all together! The one thing that I ate that was new and weird was Cottage Cheese with sugar on it.... I am still not sure what I think about it. After that we were able to have a fireside about Preach my gospel that was directed by the young men! It was such a good opportunity to help the young men understand preach my gospel but also the members! The subject was actually chapter 6 and it was all about how to obtain Christlike attributes! It was so good and then all four missionaries had an occasion to share their testimony and a little thought. That was so awesome!

One of the boys at the fireside who was a missionary with us

Then later we went and taught the cousin of this young adult in our ward! He is so cool and already knows a little bit because he was mormon when he was primary age.. The only problem is that he never got baptised... oops... haha so we had a great time with them and later we went out and had some cool miracles porting! A man said we could come back! And we had another who talked with us for a really long time!

Well basically I know that the gospel is true.

This week will be zone conference and I am excited for that! Then we go back 5 days later for interviews on a monday? Because the stake president lives in our ward we are going to go with him next monday for those... So don't expect and email until about tuesday... :) 

Also I think that is funny that you thought a 2 hour meal is long... Usually it takes that much time here at least! plus an extra hours for preparation! Last monday we went to a members house for family home evening and it toook soooo long!

LOOOVE Elder Pettingill!!!
avec un petit bisous

No comments: