Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 2 Transfer 2 (Jacob-Limoges)

Well this last week was great! We were very well nourished by President in the beginning of the week in Lyon. Some of the thoughts he shared were centered on the trust that we put in our Heavenly Father. He used Luke 8 and other scriptures to develop the idea that all that the Lord truly asks us to do in this life is to trust him. I guess that is what faith is. So in District Meeting we incorporated this idea in and watched a great mormon message together on Courage. It shows the story of Esther and it was super great!

A really cool miracle, Sunday we had Honoré show up to church without even warning us. It was awesome! Then afterward, we were hopping into ward choir because they have like 2 men, but then Bishop stopped me and asked me to come to his office. In there was Eric, the 17 yr old son of a less active. Bishop introduce us to each other and then said. "Elder Pettingill, Eric veut se faire baptiser" (Eric wants to get baptized.) It was crazy as well because Eric had only been coming back to church since a couple weeks, and came to church all by himself this week. I guess it is just incredible to see the desire in such a young kid who has a lot of other influences in his life. 

For iPads, essentially what is going to happen (and this is when I cringe slightly because of the experience of the last 2 weeks on trains--I think I hit a mission record on trains with a final total of 52 hours in 15 days...) Anyway, the whole mission is going to Lyon on April 25, so we will take the 12 hour train ride the day before. That is the last weekend of the transfer and Elder Russel M. Nelson will be there with other 70s to give us iPads and I imagine lots of instruction. Then that night we will all take buses home. We will get into Bordeaux around midnight and then go to church in Bordeaux. We will also receive transfer calls a week early this transfer so we will know the 17th or something like that. They haven't told us much more than that.

I am so grateful for the Savior and I know that if we follow his words we will be happy.
I love you all so much!!

Elder Pettingill

No comments: