Monday, January 5, 2015

great week! (Jacob-Montpellier)

Well this week was primarily spent finding, eating at members, district meeting in Perpignan, eating more at member's houses, going to bed at 10:30 on New Year's, working on BYU essays and studying the gospel.

Some quotes I loved from "Our Personal Ministries" by Elder Martinez"As I have sought guidance during my service, I have found comfort in remembering that the Savior focuses on the individual and the family. His love and tender attention to the individual have taught me that He recognizes the great worth of each of Heavenly Father’s children and that it is essential for us to ensure that each individual is ministered to and strengthened by the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The love of Jesus Christ must be our guide if we are to become aware of the needs of those we can help in some way. The teachings of our Lord, Jesus Christ, show us the way. And that is how our personal ministry begins: discovering needs, then tending to them. As Sister Linda K. Burton, Relief Society general president, said, “First observe, then serve.”3

I love you all so much!! You are the best!

Elder Pettingill
with members
companion

No comments: