Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 4 (Jacob-Limoges)

Well this week was great!! We had many fun experiences! We had the baptism of Julien and that went really well. He was on a spiritual high all weekend. He got hit super hard during the confirmation and at the end he couldn't even get up. He was like a really loopy man who just got his wisdom teeth out. But he was feeling great. Then we had a picnic today with him and Jean Mairie (a member) to connect Julien even more with the members. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know that this gospel brings us Joy. As much as the world may tell us au contraire (to the contrary) if we live this gospel we will be on a spiritual high all the time. I loved the words shared by Bishop Leroy on Sunday as he referenced Elder Utchdorfs talk "Sleeping through the Restoration". He cited several things that can cause us to fall into a slumber spiritually. It is super important to not fall into the trap so that we are never held back in our progression. 

I am grateful for our Saviour who put his life on the line for us. I am grateful for the peace that we can feel when we go before him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit ready to change and be changed. I love the Book of Mormon. I love Preach my Gospel and hope I can continue to live it because I choose to do so.

I love you all,

Elder Pettingill

About the pictures:

That is an open basketball practice for the CSP basketball team here in Limoges. They are supposedly the best team in the euro league and the basketball player is Trent Playsted who played for BYU in college and then also played in the NBA for a couple years. We go visit him about once a week since he can't always come to church and doesnt speak french.

Also there is the cathedral that I got a picture from the train going home from Bordeaux, and then we went on a picnic with a member and Julien today so that was really fun in Aixe sur Vienne with  the beautiful red bricked chapel. That was great. Julien and the member are basically the same, and I think it was a key moment for Julien. 






















No comments: