Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 3 (Jacob-Limoges)

Hey I hope everything is going well over there! Over here we are truly having a blast with missionary work! 

Julien is really doing well and will have his baptismal interview here in about 40 minutes. That is very exciting. We taught him about temples this week and it gave all of us a larger perspective. I was better able to understand our relationship with God. I realized that if I am a Father here, SEALED to a Mother here and we are worthy of Going to the Celestial kingdom, then we will be celestial parents there. It is cool in French because Heavenly Father is Pere Celeste. So if I am a Pere in the Celestial kingdom then I am a Pere Celeste. But if we aren't sealed then we are just a Celeste.... 

Either way Sunday was wonderful and we had lots of people come here me give a talk which went well. Vincent, Elena, Marie and Mareeva (Tahitians that we were teaching when I got here) and of course Julien was there too. The talk went great and I talked all about the miracles I have seen in my mission. I talked specifically about how much I have see Heavenly Father's hand in my life. It is so much fun giving talks! I spoke for about 20 minutes because one of the members didn't think he was going to be able to give his. So it was great. In the end he did give his talk and the last speaker went about 10 minutes past but luckily Elder Robards and I had made cookies for all the members so they were sparked by that!!!

Either way I love you all!!

Thanks so much for all you do!

Elder Pettingill
Birthday presents--ready for BYU
Cookies for ward members



Enjoying the sunshine
birthday lunch with the Perigueux Elders

No comments: