Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Less than 24 hours!!

It's almost time.  The bags are nearly packed, the errands are almost all done, the last pair of suit pants are back from the cleaners (who misplaced them), and Jacob is READY.  We are feeling a little sad to say goodbye for now, but also so excited for and proud of Jacob as he chooses to set aside his own life and serve the Lord for two years.  I (Khristine) am especially excited to hear about his adventures in the south of France, which is where I also served a full-time mission, entering the MTC 23 years ago almost to the day. 

I plan to post portions, if not all, of Jacob's letters here when we receive them, plus any pictures he sends.  I will put the link to this blog on his facebook page when I post a letter, for those who are interested.  You can also receive email updates by the link on the right. I don't know how that works but I guess we'll figure it out.  I will try to keep this updated for all of us who love Jacob (Elder Pettingill in just a few hours!)  

Thank you for your support and prayers!  A bientôt! (French for see you or bye for now)

1 comment:

Jeri Pettingill said...

Yea Jacob! We are excited for you and confident that you will be stressed and tested but able to do great things on this important mission. Via con Dios.